Kosaku Don is a handcrafted taiko kit. You will learn how to make a constructed and rope-tightenedtaiko (this is small taiko and makes sounds). The making process includes softening cowhides by soaking in water, assembling the body of taiko with glue, tightening cowhides with a rope. It takes more than a day to make it. If you are staff from school and will buy make a bulk order, we can accept the discount for bulk order. Please inquire us for details.
How to make Kosaku Don
1. Soak cowhides in water (about half a day).
2. Glue the side of wooden staves and assemble the body.
3. Keep holding with tape or rubber band until the glue dries (about a day).
4. Dry cowhides with a towel and put them on upper side and lower side of the body (cowhides have a smooth side and a textured side. Smooth side should be put outside).
5. Pass free end of a rope through a hole of one cowhide from outside to inside. Then, pass it through a hole of another cowhide from outside to inside.
6. Tighten cowhide firmly and pass free end through all holes of both cowhides.
7. Re-tightenthem by pulling each standing lines of a rope firmly.
8. Turn a rope around each standing lines.
9. Knot a rope. Cut the remain or turn it around the body of taiko.
It is hard and dangerous for children to make it by themselves because it needs rope and scissors to make. Adults have to help and prevent them from injury.
|Contents:||12 Wooden Staves
1 Pair of Bachi
1 Instruction Manual
|Order Processing Time:||About 7-30 Business Days|
Can you please elaborate by specifying the finished dimensions of this product as well as the diameter of the drum skin? Thanks
Thank you for asking.
The finished demensions are about 17 cm (about 7 inch) in diameter and about 20cm (about 8 inch).
Excellent Keyaki Japanese Zelkova Nagado Daiko Keyaki Wood Keyaki (Japanese zelkova) is the best material...
Excellent Taiko Made Of Japanese Zelkova Keyaki Wood Keyaki (Japanese zelkova) is the best material...
Eco Friendly & Reasonable Odaiko Fujin nagado odaiko has a fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) body...
Eco-Friendly Durable Taiko With Great Sound Made of FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) body and hard...
Be the first to get notified of our latest news such as limited-time sale and product release!
*TaikoBan means a stamp to guarantee. You can get a good news, we guarantee.